Book Marketing and Brand Building
The more of a presence you can generate outside your main professional hub, the better chance you have of building a unique fanbase for your work. A well-connected, market-focused, and specific online personality is definitely going to make readers sit up and take notice, no matter the content. But this investment in your community takes time and money.
You really have to be an educator about your book’s availability/release date and toot-your-own-horn on other community pages in order to get coverage. For example, you can use notable, in-the-news-now events to generate buzz for your topic. Or, if you need Twitter or Facebook help, ask your contacts, as you may know someone who can build and manage your community.
Considering how to sell your book in a competitive book market may be more daunting than the actual book writing. Some authors are overwhelmed by marketing their book and don’t even know where to start. (Jump to: How to Create a Marketing Plan)
With FastPencil, a Marketing Toolkit is automatically generated when you publish. Every published author receives:
- An Author Page. Beef up your bio and list other published books. Add your social media accounts and promote upcoming events.
- A BookBuy Page. This sales page allows readers to purchase any book format you’ve published and displays the Book Cover, Marketing Metadata, and a Preview of the Book.
- A BookBuy Widget. This HTML Coded Web Advertisement is meant to drive traffic back to the BookBuy Page. Display it on any web property to showcase your published work.
FastPencil is a free Author Platform that enables content monetization through publishing. When you’ve finished writing and are ready to publish, choose from these flexible Publishing + Distribution Options:
- Private – $9.99.
- FastPencil Marketplace Only – $9.99.
- Global (Wide) Distribution – $249 (ISBN for e-book only) or $299 (for 2 ISBNs for both print and e-book bundles) with Global Distribution.
Every time you publish you must purchase at least ONE proof copy of your book. The reason we do this is to ensure the quality of each publication and to be sure the author approves of the book listed in distribution. When you publish an eBook either Private or in the FastPencil Marketplace there is a $9.99 cost for the eBook Bundle Creation (epub, mobi and pdf files). When you publish a print book, authors pay the manufacturing cost of the proof plus shipping, handling and taxes.
*Tip – What’s in an eBook Bundle?
E-Pub – E-Reader industry standard and currently offers epub3 formats
Mobi – Amazon exclusive file, created for the Kindle.
PDF – Computer device industry standard.
Metadata – Marketing tidbits paired with your publication formats. Publishing wizard guides authors through the metadata collection process prior to publishing. This information is paired with ISBN, Covers and book files and distributed to all sales channels once the title is published.
These guided-publishing stages are designed for Authors and Publishers to gain maximum control over publishing flows and schedules. For example:
- Private proofs allow for the writing team to edit, revise, and proofread the physical book. It’s funny how typos and obvious re-writes seem to jump from the printed pages! With the Private publishing option, authors can review and polish the first draft from one, bound copy, privately.
- Marketplace publishing enables authors and publishers to pre-sell a title that is meant for global publishing but is not yet fully funded. Maybe Galley Proofs or Advanced Review Copies are needed for an event or appearance. The Marketplace only publishing option sells books and e-books to your fans and friends.
- For Global (Wide) Distribution with ISBNs, select Global (Wide) Distribution publishing. Titles published with Wide Distribution will be available for 3 YEARS on Amazon.com, Kindle, Barnes and Noble .com, Nook, iBooks, iPad, Ingram, Lightning Source, and more.
KNOWLEDGEBASE HOW-TO “IMPORT TEXT”
- For WORD DOC instructions, skip to 2:20.
- TIP – To upload a MS Word Document file and organize it into chapters and sections, label all your Chapters and Sections as “HEADING 1”. Once you import this document with the “heading 1” label, the publishing platform will separate all the chapters and sections for you. Alternatively, copy/paste each chapter and section, to ensure your styling and content is imported, section by section, paragraph by paragraph.
- HOW-TO ARTICLE: Importing Evernote Notes to FastPencil Writing Tool
FastPencil is Publishing Simplified.
Print-on-demand technology + a global distribution network of sales channels, FastPencil is changing how people around the world buy and sell books and eBooks.